Property Owners Insurance
Property owners range from a landlord of a single house or flat to corporate owners of multiple properties including commercial, retail and industrial premises.
It is fair to say that most insurers prefer property based business but their ratings can vary dramatically depending on the property postcode and the type of tenant. A commercial tenant storing flammable substances will attract a higher rate whilst unoccupied properties quite often require a specialist insurer. Postcodes tend to denote high risk areas and are particularly sensitive where the risk of flooding is likely.
Property owners need to insure more than just the buildings and covers can be quite extensive. This may include Employers Liability cover as explained below and we are happy to guide you in this and all other covers.
If I take out a Property Owners policy, what can I expect it to cover me for?
- Protection for the loss of buildings including accidental damage
- Protection for contents, including contents in common areas
- Property Owners liability. Employers liability may also be required
- Loss of rent cover
- The cost of alternative accommodation
- Management Liability for the managers of blocks of residential flats
- Arrangement of the statutory inspection of plant (e.g. passenger lifts)